January 5, 2012 by Alex Hoekstra
Thursday. On the road. Sort of. I’m settled down for the time being in NYC, but my distance from home leaves me wondering what projects are going on back there. Luckily, Kickstarter has a clever little categorization system that lets me know what’s going on in my area. Detroit, stand up and be funded. Show me something cool.
Done and done. I immediately found a project with some big ideas, high hopes and a quest in need of funding. BrainBart, take it away:
- Learn anywhere anytime, by ‘saving’ videos to you device (they are available when you are not connected to internet)
- Use is to teach football strategy or follow a lesson plan, upto you
- Collaborate with teachers from across the planet – start a lesson, complete only half of it, let the rest be completed by a collaborator sitting few 1000 miles away
- Make money, by making lessons interesting
- Zero cost to a student
- Partners sponsor teachers and videos, so the better you are, the better are the chances to make more money
- Get under the radar of some top notch schools and universities
- Teach someone from India, China or Locally or learn from them.
I dig this. Education needs an overhaul, and I think BrainBart could play an interesting role. I don’t know whether it’ll spark an education revolution, but BrainBart is definitely thinking outside of the box, which is something I’m proud to get behind.
Long way to go, but with help, I see a lot of potential here. Consider becoming a part of it and backing BrainBart on Kickstarter.